Thursday, October 8, 2009

There's a 1st time for everything!!!

I just want to announce that I finally canned something all by myself yesterday!!! Yep, that's right. I canned applesauce. I only got 14 quarts (2 batches) done and it felt like I had been at it long enough to have done 5 batches, but I got them done and I'm pretty proud of myself!!!!!

All I have to say is that I give props to all of you who have ever canned with young kids before. I only have one, but it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. Jenna would not cooperate and doing it by myself took nearly all of my attention. She just didn't like that at all!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Good job...yes anything with small children takes 3 times more effort! I can now understand how moms that seem to do tons of stuff now can do it...they do not have small children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on the applesauce, I know I would not have done that all by myself especially applesauce. That Jenna is just too cute for words. I love how much she loved her dolly. she's a doll! luv ya, hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know ya'll had a blog! Great job at canning! I don't even have kids and I am not brave enough to try it myself. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete